There are many ways of installing an operating system such as Windows, Linux etc. to your computer. Installation of an operating system (OS) using CD/DVD is an old and common way. But many times we don't have CD/DVD writer and want to install OS. Here, we are describing few steps to create a bootable USB for installing Windows 8. There are many ways to do it. You can even do it from command line without any software. But here, we are describing the easiest method that requires only a few clicks of mouse.
- Step1: Download Windows 8 USB/DVD download tool and install it. This tool is available for free from Microsoft Corporation as well so you can get it from there too.
- Step2: After downloading and installing the tool, Open/ Run the tool.
- Step3: Now you need to browse and select the ISO file located in your computer.
- Step4: Now select an option where you will ask to create bootable DVD for windows or bootable pen drive. Here, you need to select Bootable Pen Drive option.
- Step5: Browse and select the pen drive which you want to make bootable. Before selecting pen drive, make sure that the pen drive should have at least 4GB free space.
- Step6: Now click on Begin Copying.
- Step7: Now tool starts creating bootable windows 8 USB installer flash drive by using Windows 8 ISO file.
- Step8: Now you need to wait till process completion. In the end you will see the success message “Bootable USB Device created successfully”.
- Step9: Now your USB is ready for use.
This is very short and easy tutorial for creating bootable USB. If you find any difficulty then please write us in comments.