Universal Account number (UAN) activation is necessary to use the online facilities of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). The EPFO has made it mandatory to quote UAN in all the communication with it. So, every employee of India should get his/her UAN activated immediately. To activate the UAN, you should have the UAN and PF member ID with you. It is not possible to activate the UAN without the information.
Steps to activate the UAN
- Open https://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/uan_reg_form.php
- Click on Activate your UAN
- UAN registration form will be opened. Read the instructions carefully and click on the checkbox "I have read and understand the instruction".
- Enter your UAN number, mobile number and PF member ID.
- Enter captcha character and click on GET PIN button.
- Now you will see Authorisation PIN verification form and you will also get Authorisation PIN via SMS in your mobile.
- Click on "I Agree" checkbox and enter Authorisation PIN.
- Click on Submit button. On the next page , you have to choose password for UAN portal.
- Enter father's name or spouse’s name, date of birth and click at the check box for authentication of the given information.
- Enter your email address and desired password.
- Click on Submit button. Now you have activated the UAN at the UAN portal successfully.
To access the UAN portal, you have to use UAN as log in ID and use the chosen password.
Read next How to Check your EPF Balance through SMS service